Wendy will create a custom painting for you. So if one of her painting has already sold, or you like a painting but have a different size in mind, or have a favourite pet, building, or location in mind, Wendy can create an original painting just for you.
“It makes me happy to see how my artwork connects with people and evokes memories of good times, people they love or simply brings joy into their lives.
Through all the challenges in life, I’ve come to realize that…the little things are the big things.”
“I’ve known Wendy about ten years …I couldn’t resist sending her a picture of my precious toy poodle for consideration in her 30 paintings in 30 days endeavor. I received this lovely likeness of “Yeti” from a single photo!
I’m writing this to thank Wendy for her friendship, the wonderful painting that is hanging in my home and endorse her to anyone wanting to acquaint themselves to a dedicated artist.”
- Commissioned paintings are normally oil on gallery canvas, but Wendy can do commissioned paintings in other media with different substrates, if you prefer, so just ask if you have something else in mind.
- UV varnish is applied after final client approval and painting is dry/cured ready for varnishing. Wendy uses a UV varnish which was developed in collaboration with the National Gallery of Art that does not require the regular 6-12 month cure time for oils. It can be applied as soon as acrylic paintings are dry to the touch, and as soon as 2 weeks for oil paintings.
- Paintings on canvas are painted so the colours wrap around the sides, and framing is not required. If framing, a floating frame is recommended for smaller paintings. We will happily frame your art if you like. We use N. American made supports and frames. Inquire about price, as it varies with size and frame style.
- Note that commissions can take up to 8 weeks or longer, depending on how many commissions Wendy is already working on. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed.
- There is a charge for each additional pet in any piece, depending on size of painting.
- Photo sessions of pets, buildings or locations are free within an hour drive from Wendy’s studio. For travel outside this radius, contact Wendy. You can also send Wendy your photos, but they need to be high quality, and show the character of the animal or place. Lots of photos with good lighting and from different angles, please. Dark photos of dark animals will not show the character and form properly.
- Payments can be made by e-transfer or credit cards through Square, Paypal, or emailed invoice. If you live in our local area, cash or cheque can also be accepted.
- Shipping charges will be calculated and estimated prior to starting commission. We ship worldwide usually through Canada Post and UPS, or whichever shipping provider is the safest at the best price for you. You’re also welcome to pick up your artwork and see Wendy’s studio, saving shipping costs.