Wendy will create a custom painting for you. So if one of her painting has already sold, or you like a painting but have a different size in mind, or have a favourite pet, building, or location in mind, Wendy can create that painting for you.
(Click on images to see larger in a slide show. Click on image to close)
2018 Price List for Commissions
(sizes in inches)
6×6 – $75
8×8 – $125
8×10 – $150
10×10 – $175
9×12 – $175
12×12 – $200
12×16 – $250
14×18 – $275
14×20 – $300
16×20 – $350
18×18 – $350
14×24 – $350
20×20 – $400
18×24 – $420
20×24 – $450
20×26 – $475
20×28 – $500
24×24 – $500
22×28 – $500
24×30 – $575
24×36 – $675
30×40 – $900
Custom and larger sizes are also available.
- There is a $50 charge for additional pets in any piece.
- Prices are for an unframed original painting in oil or acrylic on canvas, or prepared baltic birch and a UV varnish applied after final client approval and painting is dry/cured ready for varnishing. Wendy uses a UV varnish which was developed in collaboration with the National Gallery of Art that does not require the regular 6-12 month cure time for oils. It can be applied as soon as acrylic paintings are dry to the touch, and as soon as 2 weeks for oil paintings.
- Paintings on canvas are painted so the colours wrap around the sides, so framing is not required. However, we will happily frame your art if you like. Inquire about price, as it varies with size and frame style.
- Note that commissions are usually done sooner, but can take up to 6 weeks, depending on how many commissions Wendy is already working on. Rush orders may be an option with an additional fee.
- Photo sessions of pets, buildings or locations are free within an hour drive from Wendy’s studio. For travel outside this radius, contact Wendy. You can also send Wendy your photos, but they need to be high quality, and show the character of the animal or place. Lots of photos with good lighting and from different angles, please. Dark photos of dark animals will not show the character and form properly.
- Payments by cash, cheque, or credit cards through Square, Paypal, or on Wendy’s website are accepted.
- Shipping charges will be additional. We ship worldwide through Canada Post. You’re also welcome to pick up your artwork and see Wendy’s studio, saving shipping costs.
Complete the Contact Wendy form, if you’d like to order a commission. Include details about what you’d like, your email address and phone number, and Wendy will get back with you as soon as possible.
What clients have to say:
“I’ve known Wendy about ten years …I couldn’t resist sending her a picture of my precious toy poodle for consideration in her 30 paintings in 30 days endeavor. I received this lovely likeness of “Yeti” from a single photo!
I’m writing this to thank Wendy for her friendship, the wonderful painting that is hanging in my home and endorse her to anyone wanting to acquaint themselves to a dedicated artist.” – Ruth Ann Hall, Lawrence, KS, USA
The picture of Yeti which Ruth Ann sent me